Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Screening Notes Pyscho


Friday, December 11th, 2:43 pm.
So why are they so secluded, if she’s not married and he’s divorced? I understand he just comes during business trips.
Marriage has come up twice now in the first 5 minutes. I wonder if this will be the underlying “theme” that we were talking about, similar to the Wizard of Oz
He’s drunk!
THIRD TIME “He was flirting with you. I guess he must of noticed my wedding ring.”
Oh that’s pretty cool, she sees her boss.
I think the voiceover was pretty clear, it did its job in a good manner.
Well THAT doesn’t seem guilty! Look into a cops eyes, and immediately turn on the car and try to escape.
That exchange about something being wrong and am I acting wrong was pretty funny. She is an absolutely terrible liar and she should get arrested right here. I’m excited to see how this plays out.
Knowing what this film is actually about, this movie, set-up wise, is completely taking its time making its way to the Bates Motel and on a completely different plot point. That is pretty interesting to me.
She is a TERRIBLE LIAR. And now two people are almost positive that she has done something. Like he said, he doesn’t want any trouble.
I don’t think someone could act more like they have just stolen or murdered someone than this woman does right now.
These voice-overs are really, really well done.
I like that although it sounds like she’s going to be caught, her face during the flashbacks was that of satisfaction, of being able to steal so easily from him. She doesn’t mind that she will go down as a thief, that she will be known to have stolen it, but just that she got away with it. She’s not a good character because she not only stole, but got away with it BECAUSE of the faith people had in her, and she played on it and is proud of the fact that she thought to do that.
I really enjoy when a villain who comes across as likable.
“With my trusty umbrella”
I wonder if Norman Bates, the actor, actually does the voice of the mother during the argument our protagonist can hear from the window, because if so, that’s a very good old woman voice.
You could take his manner as pretty weird as of now, if she were more aware.
But I think that’s a huge personal trait. She not only cannot lie well, but she also isn’t very aware when strange things are going on around her. Its fitting that she trusts Norman so much when she herself broke so much trust.
“A boy’s best friend is his mother.” Classic line.
“She’s as harmless as one of those stuffed birds” – FORESHADOW. See, shit got real in an instant. She just goes a little mad sometimes, oh my god I completely forgot that the entire reveal is that the mother doesn’t exist. I forgot that up until then that everyone thinks the mother is the killer.
I wonder if the shower scene from this movie was considered risky at the time, showing so much skin.
I also didn’t realize that they just straight up made it look like the mother. Hmm. That makes more sense.
I feel like I almost saw some boob, making my comment about the scene being provocative seem more legitimate.
And there’s the money. It is interesting that they make the plot seem to be about the money (technically, that’s what it IS about) but that no one remembers it for that. They remember it for this motel.
Furthermore, I really like that this female character is dead. Based on trust. It is very cool to have a main character (almost the only character as of now) die so soon into a movie. ALSO I really enjoy this cleaning scene. I don’t know why, but it doesn’t bore me like slow paced moves from old movies do.
So now we have reason to ever look for her again. I like this, it isn’t about the money or anything to do with Miriam, but it’s about the demise of a psycho killer. He’s probably done this a dozen or so times, maybe more.  And it just so happened this time he killed someone who will be followed back to the hotel, and will be caught. Smart.
This is great, he has no idea why this guy is here. No one can lie in this movie.
He’s lying about the wrong thing. It’s a shame, he could have completely told the truth (except for the murder) he probably would have believed.
I’m a little saddened by the fact that I’m positive I saw Norman walk away from the house when Asbergers showed up, and then was somehow on the 2nd floor after that.
NORMAN BATE’S MOTHER HAS BEEN DEAD FOR YEARS
This psychiatrist is annoying. We get it, he’s acting like his mother. But that doesn’t excuse the fact that he physically did it. So stop saying it like he didn’t.
That’s a great ending. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment